Monday 7 November 2011

Sequins and sparkles!

Christmas is definitely on its way. The air is getting cooler, the nights are getting darker and the trees have been put up creating a festive scene around Newcastle. The other day I was in the lift of my accommodation having a lovely chat with one of the cleaning ladies. Dressed in my cosy red coat and my black boots (Mrs Klaus-esque, perhaps?) the cleaning lady proclaimed "Oh, you're making me so excited for Christmas right now!" It hit me then... Christmas is coming!!
I've always been one to get over excited around this time of year, and I especially look forward for the seasonal clothes to hit the high street!

So, tonight I have been browsing the web (as per) looking for the perfect festive outfits I could invest in for this occasion...If my poor student funds will allow it.
As usual, it seems sequins and sparkles are all over the high street. I am a complete and utter sucker for all things glitzy and glam so this is DEFINITELY my favourite time of year!

Here are some of my favourites...


My new Topshop short shorts! loved them so much I even wore them two nights in a row, oooops
The lovely Bek Eland in this beautiful Miss Selfridge dress!

Black embellished ankle boots.  River Island.  £95


Black embellished mini skirt  £45



Bright blue embellished cami.  Topshop.  £36


Gold sequin dress.  Limited edition.  River Island.  £60

Gold sequin longline cami.  River Island.  £65

Gold sequin sweetheart dress.  Dorothy Perkins.  £38


Light cream embellished shorts.  River Island.  £40


M&S Limited Collection.  £25 on sale.  (may have this already hehe)


Multi bead fringe dress.  Dress Up Topshop.  £175


Multi sequin clutch bag.  Monsoon.  £32.  (As seen in 'Vogue')


Ombre sequin prom dress.  Dress Up Topshop.  £125


Rouched sequin sash dress.  Rare Opulence at Topshop.  £165



Sequin beaded knicker. Topshop.  £45



Sequin bodycon dress.  Dress Up Topshop.  £58 (may also have this in a different colour)



Silver Samantha sequin dress.  French Connection.  £165



Square emb skirt.  Warehouse.  £55


Wonder black embellished wedge.  Miss Selfridge.  £85

Black lace detail ponti dress.  River Island.  £30.
(very Evita-esque I felt, definitely a possibility for an Xmas pressie... mum??)

3 comments:

RCD said...

I need to get some sparkle into my one month one dress!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Do you know when the cream river island shorts will be out? I have heard it will be december

Lipstick Glamour said...

They were out at the time I did this post but aren't showing up on the website anymore, so I assume they're out of stock? Keep checking the website for updates! x