Friday 31 August 2012

Best Beauty Buys

Ok, so I am well and truly into my overdraft. However, this never seems to stop me from buying beautiful things - dilemma! Over the last few weeks I seem to have acquired a number of new products from some of my all time favourite beauty ranges - Chanel, M.A.C, Urban Decay and Illamasqua! I love them so much I just thought I'd share them with you, as I know every girl loves to pamper themselves!




This is the new smokey eye pallette by Urban Decay. I LOVE Urban Decay eye shadows as they are all highly pigmented, they are long lasting and they all tend to be shimmering colours which make your eyes really stand out. I particularly love this pallette as it offers options for a more subtle every-day look, and also offers darker colours which are perfect for when you want to create smokey eyes. Also, the colours in this pallette such as the purple, green and browns really suit my hazel eye colour! 
Equally, both the Naked and Naked 2 pallettes are just as amazing, though these are more suited for people wanting to create a glamorous day time look as they contain a wide mixture of neutral tones. I think EVERYONE needs to invest in an Urban Decay eye shadow! 



Coco Mademoiselle Chanel is undoubtedly one of my ultimate favourite perfumes. However, for a change, I thought I would invest in something a little bit different. This is not the perfume, but the body oil. Being an oil it is really good for your skin and makes skin feel soft, and the scent is equally as strong as the perfume itself. The oil base means it really sinks into your skin and is long lasting.




I have always praised Illamasqua as being one of my ultimate favourite beauty brands. I first saw this lipstick (OBEY)  only last week, after seeing how beautiful it looked on my friend Bek, and just HAD to buy it! (Sorry for copying hehe). I'm usually one for wearing bright shades on my lips such as reds, deep corals and aubergines, and so fancied a bit of a change. I wanted a more natural tone to perfect the daytime look and not be too overpowering. I love it. Something about its peachy tones really compliments my skin tone, and creates a soft, girly look. I always find that Illamasqua lipsticks are dry, and this can only be a positive as this means that the lipstick tends to last all day with minimum reapplications! A definite reccomendation from someone who has tested a LOT of lipsticks!



Strobe Cream. Not something I was familiar with until a few weeks ago, but now that I've got it I can't live without it! It is basically M.A.C's version of a face highlighter, and can be put on under make up to create a lovely shimmering glow that makes everyone look radiant and refreshed! It is also very moisturising, so no need to moisturize as well! 


So girls, get spending! 

Jess xx

No comments: