Tuesday 7 August 2012

Intoxicated by Burgundy – Colour not Wine!




Burgundy, dark grape, maroon...call it what you may, but it seems that this trend is set to storm the forthcoming A/W season!

I first fell in love with the colour a few months ago after purchasing an incredible Sephora lipstick. With the lipstick being aubergine, I thought it was dark and more edgy than your typical glamorous "Marilyn" red, and felt a burgundy colour dress would compliment it beautifully. However...my only problem was that my want for a burgundy dress came a few weeks too early. With the high street still buzzing with summer brights and crisp whites, I could not find the perfect dress in the one colour I desired the most. 

New Sephora lipstick!

But...BRING ON A/W 2012-2013!! 

According to a trend report for the coming season on Vogue.com, purple is "undoubtedly the colour of the collections". I, however, am not purple's biggest fan, and it is a sigh of relief to see the many shades of burgundy scattered across the high street - a colour which compliments any skin tone, and doesn't wash out pale faces in the winter months!

I went to Newcastle for the day today and it was EVERYWHERE. Despite this, I still never found the perfect dress to match my lipstick. I did, however, buy a pair of burgundy tights to match a new grey skirt! (Not quite as exciting but nevermind!)

So, I will leave you with some of my favourite burgundy pieces on the high street today. 
Remember: BURGUNDY is the new PURPLE 

Accessorize £6

French Connection £67

French Connection £97

H&M £12.99

H&M £24.99

L.K.Bennett £275

Oasis at ASOS £45

Topshop £3.50

Topshop £36

Topshop £50


Jess xx

No comments: